2021 Keeper

Started by Alzo, October 30, 2020, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alzo

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on October 31, 2020, 04:21:01 PMJoking aside. I really don't think you'll like the KTM. You were quite vocal about not liking V Twins. The Gen 3 Superduke might be slightly lighter and have much better handling but I don't think there's that much change to the motor.

Reliability aside I'd be adding the Tuono to that list - you'd then get a Superbike motor and handling in a more upright package.

I do agree...I have reservations about the V Twin...so the Test Ride could just seal its fate.
I went along and had a look at the Tuono too...and to be honest the opening figures discussed were healthy...but I couldn't get excited...I appreciate the V4 engine would be a great motor...but stood at the dealers looking at their Demo it just looked so dated.🤷‍♂️

David W

My local Aprilia dealer is having the annual Tuono fire sale with thousands off them.

Alzo

Quote from: David W on October 31, 2020, 04:52:26 PMMy local Aprilia dealer is having the annual Tuono fire sale with thousands off them.
Yeah the discount was massive...and the offer for my bike far exceeded what I expected...and that in itself had me nervous.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: David W on October 31, 2020, 04:52:26 PMMy local Aprilia dealer is having the annual Tuono fire sale with thousands off them.

The problem is also the fact most Aprilia dealers are miles from prospective owners and some of them don't have the best reputations. I still love them.
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Ducati...BMW...and Triumph are all on my doorstep...the rest are through in the East.

David W

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on October 31, 2020, 05:11:35 PM

The problem is also the fact most Aprilia dealers are miles from prospective owners and some of them don't have the best reputations. I still love them.

Dealer I bought my MT from has expanded and is Suzuki, Aprilia, Yamaha, Moto Guzzi and Indian now. Quite fancy an Indian Bobber or FTR now!

Alzo

Quote from: David W on October 31, 2020, 09:06:06 PM
Quote from: MOzZereLLa on October 31, 2020, 05:11:35 PM

Dealer I bought my MT from has expanded and is Suzuki, Aprilia, Yamaha, Moto Guzzi and Indian now. Quite fancy an Indian Bobber or FTR now!
The Indians are quality looking bikes.

MOzZereLLa

But like Tesla - do they look good but up close they are pig iron?

Manic636

You have a preference for il4 so I reckon you'll rule out the KTM pretty quickly which might be a shame, engine is really rather good and if you only have it a year then it would have lasted longer than some keepers ;-)

Alzo

Quote from: Manic636 on November 01, 2020, 04:21:06 AMYou have a preference for il4 so I reckon you'll rule out the KTM pretty quickly which might be a shame, engine is really rather good and if you only have it a year then it would have lasted longer than some keepers ;-)
Im looking forward to the ride on the KTM.
Current keeper is 2 years and 2 months in ownership...a loooooong....looooong..time. 😊😉

David W

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on October 31, 2020, 09:40:59 PMBut like Tesla - do they look good but up close they are pig iron?

The ones I've looked at (briefly) seem better built than most bikes these days. The Victory bikes that preceded them were really nicely made.

Alzo

Having had a good look at potential 2021 Keepers I have came to the decision to remain with my S1000R for 2021...I still enjoy it very much...and the other thing is the uncertainty of next year due the Pandemic...not sure what use we will get on the bikes...I fear my Euro adventures will be on hold again.
I have directed the funds elsewhere...so here's to 2021 on the magnificent BMW S1000R. 😊😊😊😊

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Alzo on November 04, 2020, 07:29:57 PMHaving had a good look at potential 2021 Keepers I have came to the decision to remain with my S1000R for 2021...I still enjoy it very much...and the other thing is the uncertainty of next year due the Pandemic...not sure what use we will get on the bikes...I fear my Euro adventures will be on hold again.
I have directed the funds elsewhere...so here's to 2021 on the magnificent BMW S1000R. 😊😊😊😊

I love the way that you actually believe yourself........ such conviction........

Look forward to seeing what you end up buying.

Alzo

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on November 05, 2020, 02:36:36 PM
Quote from: Alzo on November 04, 2020, 07:29:57 PMHaving had a good look at potential 2021 Keepers I have came to the decision to remain with my S1000R for 2021...I still enjoy it very much...and the other thing is the uncertainty of next year due the Pandemic...not sure what use we will get on the bikes...I fear my Euro adventures will be on hold again.

I love the way that you actually believe yourself........ such conviction........

Look forward to seeing what you end up buying.
😂

MOzZereLLa

Multistrada V4 looks nice.