January 24, 2022, 11:45:53 AM

Phone mounts

Started by komp, May 21, 2021, 11:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

komp

anyone use a mobile phone mount on their bike?
if so which one do you use?
there seem to be so many our there, and prices range so massively, from £5 up to £80

i have an old kreiga(i think) handlebar bag with window for phone, which has served me well, but phones became to large to fit in it a few years back. i have hacked bits out of it to allow phones to fit, but i think need of something else

any recommendations welcome

Triumph Speed Triple RS
KTM 990 SMT

Jarse

Ultimate Additions or Add-on's, I think, also marketed as UA get very good reviews but are just an attachment, no covers or protection for your device.

Dom1

Quad Lock gets a lot of good comments amongst the trail riding community.

Make sure you have the vibration damper option if you use an iPhone.

Personally I have bought a Beeline for navigation and keep my phone in my pocket.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

komp

the quad lock was one that came up in my search, but was at the pricey end
not seen the UA one, will take a look

tbf it is mainly used for navigation, for those rare occasions i go anywhere
i have seen the beeline things, but thought a bit overkill for maybe once or twice a year i go anywhere
Triumph Speed Triple RS
KTM 990 SMT

Lord Danoir the first

Ultimate addons.... delighted with it

MOzZereLLa

I've heard a few horror stories from Quad Lock owners. Losing mount and smashing expensive phones.

How busy is that display Dan???
Significantly faster than you.....

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on May 21, 2021, 03:06:38 PMHow busy is that display Dan???

Silly isn't it? Apparently it's off the GSXR. Can't see it without glasses anyway........

David W

I've got a Quadlock mount in the Jeep, and I'm quite impressed with the quality. The phone case is pretty low profile too. The cycle mount is pretty solid too but I've only used that a few times.

komp

went for the UA one in the end. cheers
looks well made and fits phone well
not used out yet. but will drop on the bike for borders run at end of june :cool:
Triumph Speed Triple RS
KTM 990 SMT

mc101

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on May 21, 2021, 03:06:38 PMI've heard a few horror stories from Quad Lock owners. Losing mount and smashing expensive phones.

How busy is that display Dan???

Yes the same in the GS community, not many good things said about quad locks ...

2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)