2021 Riding Season coming to an end

Started by Alzo, September 12, 2021, 07:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alzo

Hopefully still some days left...but the inevitable is coming.
I've had a great 8k miles on the Superduke R thus far and apart from a little off road excursion I have enjoyed my time on the Beast.
How has 2021 been for you?

David W

Did 400 miles, so I sold it  :rofl:

In other news I've done 4000km on my other bikes though so happy with that!

Alzo

Quote from: David W on September 12, 2021, 07:39:35 PMIn other news I've done 4000km on my other bikes though so happy with that!
Some going...keep you fit.

Lord Danoir the first

About 1000 road miles and a few track days.
Still the rest of Sept and October can often be nice.
Pondering sending my Katana to Spain for the winter. We've got some amazing roads near us, so might get some all year round biking in!!

Jimhas7

Didn't get to turn a wheel all year, pinning my hopes on November trip to Spain now or that'll be the whole year without slinging me leg over the bike  :rofl:

GRUMPY

A slow start to the year but have managed to put 4300 ish miles on the new SX in just over 2 months. The 6R hasn't been on the road this year, and the BGB was used a few times but is waiting on me fitting the new sprocket carrier and bearings.
Still hoping to get out a few more times before the weather turns shit.

komp

not been out as much as i would have liked, but suspect the same goes for most of us. 
managed to get up to scotland in june on the RS so happy with that, but other than that can think of only 2 other occasions where have been out with others.
the replacement gearbox has held up which is the main thing.
still got a few weeks left though to get in a few more miles on the trumpet, before the KTM takes over for winter
Triumph Speed Triple RS
KTM 990 SMT

MOzZereLLa

My season didn't start until June. The RS didn't turn a wheel - my enthusiasm for Sunday boats waned hugely and I don't know anyone locally who rides.

Bought the Tiger and despite it being  a little underpowered for my liking I've done 1100 miles on it mainly commuting and going to see the girls showjumping. Hoping Oulton BSB will be dry as that'll be a day out on it too.

The lack of shove has dampened the Tiger a bit. I really thought I'd be OK with 90bhp - I'm not. Expect a for sale post soon if it isn't traded for a 1290 Adventure R CB KTM have in at the moment. 😬
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on September 14, 2021, 08:42:34 AMMy season didn't start until June. The RS didn't turn a wheel - my enthusiasm for Sunday boats waned hugely and I don't know anyone locally who rides.

Bought the Tiger and despite it being  a little underpowered for my liking I've done 1100 miles on it mainly commuting and going to see the girls showjumping. Hoping Oulton BSB will be dry as that'll be a day out on it too.

The lack of shove has dampened the Tiger a bit. I really thought I'd be OK with 90bhp - I'm not. Expect a for sale post soon if it isn't traded for a 1290 Adventure R CB KTM have in at the moment. 😬
The grunt of the 1301cc LC8 is a hard act to follow.

Jarse

Done a few miles on the Tiger, mainly our wee trip to Komp's wedding. Scrambler hasn't turned a wheel.

Currently clocking up a few miles on the scooter in the warmth of Spain. Here until mid November so plenty opportunity yet.

little J

got a few miles out on the gixer on thursday, was meant to be out today,but it was pissing down about 9'ish, now it bloody sunny.

hopefully a few weekends left before the season ends,october can be nice.

managed around 2500 miles on the VFR since i got it on the road at the end of May, two trips to scotland & a little tour of wales, planning a euro tour on it next year  :cheesy:
will have done around 3000 miles on the gixer this season, so not to bad a year.
Suzuki GSXR1000 L6
Honda VFR800 VTEC

PJ

Done at least 4000 on the GS this year, possibly more. Done 9000 in less than 2 years.

2021 from a biking point of view hasn't been too bad, trip to Scotland earlier in the year then just over 2000 miles around Europe.

Got out for the odd ride out on my own but thats about it. If BMW want me to continue doing testing for them I'll probably get out briefly in the coming months but not too much I would have thought.