ktm bling

Started by komp, September 23, 2021, 05:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komp

alzo might be falling out of love with his orange machine, but still love my workhorse SMT
and as it had been a while since i had spoiled it, i got it some unnecessary bling
you can surely never have too much orange on a ktm :)

to be fair the rear brake reservoir lid was pretty degraded, same with the clutch reservoir.
at some point i need to get the rear spring powder or replaced
I know probably a waste of time on a bike that only gets used when roads are covered in crud or its raining, but it has treated me well over the years
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Alzo

I LOVED my KTM...I HATED the Dealer network.
BMWs rule... :rofl: ...😉

PS: Bike looks good.

MOzZereLLa

I feel lucky to live 5 mins from a very good KTM dealer and 15 mins from one of the best Triumph / Ducati dealers in the UK.

Doesn't help the bank balance.
Significantly faster than you.....

Jarse

DaveH

Lord Danoir the first

Quote from: Alzo on September 23, 2021, 07:00:48 PMI LOVED my KTM...I HATED the Dealer network.

Past tense?

Dom1

Always fancied a KTM 990 SM or SMT.

Looking good komp
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

komp

cheers all

Dom i have a few times considered a replacement, but there is not much else out there that has both practicality combined with the hooligan factor. its a great fun bike, i cannot recommend enough.
i actually rode it to work today

now over 20k miles on it and other than some issues with regulator rectifier cooking batteries a few years back, has given me no real problems.
i think they had some fueling issues out of the crate, but this one as had a lot of mods done on it to remove dead spots and snatchyness before i got it.

the ktm790 i was given a courtsey bike a few weeks back, felt dull and stale in comparison.
was happy to get my 12 year old bike back

have considered a superduke 1290 GT, but as this is the "winter hack", it would need to be a cheap one!

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Alzo

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on September 24, 2021, 11:59:15 AM
Quote from: Alzo on September 23, 2021, 07:00:48 PMI LOVED my KTM...I HATED the Dealer network.

Past tense?
BMW has me back. 😍😎

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Alzo on September 25, 2021, 07:06:30 AM

Past tense?
BMW has me back. 😍😎

In spirit or physical body?

Lord Danoir the first

Past tense?
BMW has me back. 😍😎

Did you not fall out with that dealer too? I vaguely recall some moderate ranting about switches and whatnot

Alzo

Quote from: Lord Danoir the first on September 25, 2021, 08:21:41 AM

Past tense?
BMW has me back. 😍😎

Did you not fall out with that dealer too? I vaguely recall some moderate ranting about switches and whatnot
We made up

Alzo

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on September 25, 2021, 08:06:13 AM

Past tense?
BMW has me back. 😍😎

In spirit or physical body?
New S1000R on Thursday

MOzZereLLa

A years free riding from the bargain Superduke?

Alzo

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on September 25, 2021, 11:10:18 AMA years free riding from the bargain Superduke?
Essentially you ain't far wrong...not a lot to change...👍🏻