RC8.....talk to me...

Started by Maddog, May 15, 2022, 04:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddog

Yes i know this is a ZX forum....however...i recall seeing a few people using the RC8 on here.

Are they worth looking at? Any bad points of things to look into?

Alzo

It's a KTM...I'd stay clear...liabilities.

Maddog

Such as? Did something happen to yours?

Lord Danoir the first

Loved mine, sold it last year and really shouldn't have. It was a fun and comfortable road bike which became a track bike with very little effort.

I'm told the R is the one to have, mine was standard with a PCiii and quick shifter.

Had mine a few years and never had any reliability issues even though it was ridden hard. I'd have another in a beat. Perfect road/track combo and will give most bikes a run.

They're still amazing value.

Alzo

Quote from: Maddog on May 15, 2022, 05:49:51 PMSuch as? Did something happen to yours?
We are unfortunate to have horrendous Dealerships...I think KTM as a manufacturer don't vet their Dealerships enough...the current 1290 engine is refined enough....but previous model years are agricultural...and reliability is suspect.

Alzo

Two different views of ownership...Dan's is probably more revelant based on ownership of said model.
I'm just bitter with KTM so I'm best ignored...maybe. 😉
Good luck with the search.

Lord Danoir the first

Always the way, we speak as we find.

Frankly, I lose the will to live if I have to communicate with a main dealer of any marque, car or bike. I PCP'd my Katana and have pondered paying it off so that I don't have the yearly main dealer shenanigans.

MOzZereLLa

I've had two. Fucking amazing machines. If you can find an original 2010 R model that's the one to have.

Do it.
Significantly faster than you.....

Thegodfather

I've had 4 of them including the Ltd edition. As mentioned 09, 10 R is the one to have. I still look for one now but not many original R's about. The latter ones were twin spark and dummed down in my opinion.
Apart from the very first one which broke down on the way home (electrical fault)
I never had any reliabillty issues with them. On the dealer front I did have to ask for warranty work, KTM weren't very forth coming letting you know something needed doing.
Personally I didn't get on with it on track but one of the best sports bikes you can have on the road.
Did Assen and Monza road trips on them. Came back from Italy in a singles run and my arse only started to get really numb heading for Calais. Not much of a tank range 100 to 110 miles when touring.

Maddog

Cheers all.

Its still on my list however i picked up a CBR600RR on an 07 plate from a mate the other day so now have no room. I gave him what the dealer offered as a PX against a new BWM R nineT

The plan is to tidy up and sell the 600rr and then get the RC8R