Valuing a bike for sale?

Started by Maddog, April 22, 2022, 07:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddog

Well.....im thinking of giving up sportsbikes and going a bit.....g..g..g..ga......yay

anyway... i have a mint 2011 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Aprc with track body, road body and loads of spares. Its done under 8500 miles and was bought from Dave wood of Dave wood racing after he stripped and rebuilt it just before he moved premises from Aylesbury to Buckingham. Ive not ridden it in 3 years as its been in my mates garage as mine is full of a Vauxhall VX220. I reckon ive done 100 miles maybe including a few laps of Bedford in inters!!!

How do i value this bike and all the spares?

Alzo

Biketrader and search for similar bikes.
Value guides in bike magazines.
A kind dealer giving you a trade/retail figure.
As for the spares the desire level will depend on condition and if required often...and that will reflect price...Ebay may be your research buddy.

Maddog

Cheers Alzo

Ive had a look at the bikes for sale on Ebay. The prices seem a bit high if im being honest! Ive not looked at values for a few years so maybe im just not in touch with second had values.

Trying a dealer for price  is a good shout. Ill pop along to a few and see what they say. Does a Parkers/Glasses guide still exist for dealers?

Alzo

Quote from: Maddog on April 23, 2022, 05:21:19 PMCheers Alzo

Ive had a look at the bikes for sale on Ebay. The prices seem a bit high if im being honest! Ive not looked at values for a few years so maybe im just not in touch with second had values.

Trying a dealer for price  is a good shout. Ill pop along to a few and see what they say. Does a Parkers/Glasses guide still exist for dealers?
Having done a few deals in my time I've sat with Saleman who still have a guide book...but in parallel they look at Biketrader to see what others are selling the bike I'm proposing to trade in...so definitely influential.

captain sensible

If you use ebay,  look under the search options and choose completed items and/or sold items,  this will show you what they actually sold for on eBay.
Now with 100% more sarcasm.