site funds time again

Started by komp, February 06, 2023, 02:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komp

hello all

it is now 2 years since i did the gofundme campaign to cover the month hosting and annual domain renewal costs to keep mcnninjas.co.uk up and running.
so if i am to keep it going will need to do something similar again.
annual hosting cost is £43.20, the annual domain renewal is £32.33 (this is both both .co.uk and .com domains so could potentially cancel the .com renewal and reduce this to £11.99)
so about £76 a year or £55 depending on what domains to renew

with how little activity the site is getting nowadays i thought best to see what people thoughts on this were?
in the last 7 days only 17 registered users visited the site and can only see about 4 posts in that same time, but some weeks we get no posts!

ultimately if enough people want it kept and happy to put in the monies then i will keep it going
but maybe it is time to let it die gracefully?

please let me know your thoughts

komp

KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Lord Danoir the first

I'll gladly contribute. It would be a crying shame to see the place die as I've met and am still mates with so many people from here, but if people aren't posting any more, then perhaps it's for the best.

Jarse

It would be a shame to see the site die but it is on life support at the moment.

I'll happily contribute to keep it going another year though.

Been on here for 20 ish years. Happy to contribute to the running of the site. Met a few good folk through here. Would be a shame to see it go.

Manic636

We need a good old fashioned Ninja get together to start the posts again, I'll happy stick some funds in the kitty again

Green_Ninja

Happy to donate let me know how

DaveH

Likewise; happy to contribute :thumbright:

komp

ok i have made another gofundme campaign
whatever i receive i will put into keeping site running, see below
https://www.gofundme.com/f/mcnninjascouk-site-funds?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

when it runs out i will be back here begging again
i am going to cancel the mcnninjas.com domain i think, as was only purchased when the site had to be recovered back in 2013, so will save £22 a year

thanks all
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Will send some dosh when I get home.
Cheers Komp.

Green_Ninja

Stuck a few £ in for the upkeep

Jarse

Done. Thanks Komp 😎👍🏻

komp

thanks everyone, already have enough for couple more years and a bit more  :cool:
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

komp

thanks for all of the donations
now have £165 which should be enough for 3 years once i cancel the .com domain
:thumbleft:
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

mc101

Dropped a few quid in k  :notworthy:
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)