Blast from the past........

Started by terry950sm, December 18, 2013, 08:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry950sm

For those old enough.  :grin:

Growing old gracefully

Green_Ninja

Liking them mate, especially the Le Mans always wanted one of those.

Steve R1

Bit of nostalgia how bikes and styles have changed.

One of them pics wasn't at the old burtonwood air base near Warrington?

David W

Excellent.  That Guzzi looks hard as nails!

Doug_Z1000

Selling my Mk1 Le Mans is one of the few regrets I've had over the years, it had been built for the TT, 1000cc big bore, 40mm Dell Orto's with accelerator pumps, deep sump and Dunlop KR124 front and Endurance rear "not for road use tyres", but it was never raced.  I sold it to Eddie Roberts when he had his shop in Birkenhead.

I had a couple of 350 LCs when they came out, one with the Pro Am fairing kit, imitation clipon bars with the clock protectors, and chrome Allspeed spannies, it was a lot of fun, odd handling and poor brakes.  The other was in Kenny Roberts yellow.

That was over thirty-odd years ago, I feel old :-(

Jarse

terry950sm

Quote from: Doug_Z1000 on December 19, 2013, 10:57:06 AM
Selling my Mk1 Le Mans is one of the few regrets I've had over the years, it had been built for the TT, 1000cc big bore, 40mm Dell Orto's with accelerator pumps, deep sump and Dunlop KR124 front and Endurance rear "not for road use tyres", but it was never raced.  I sold it to Eddie Roberts when he had his shop in Birkenhead.

I had a couple of 350 LCs when they came out, one with the Pro Am fairing kit, imitation clipon bars with the clock protectors, and chrome Allspeed spannies, it was a lot of fun, odd handling and poor brakes.  The other was in Kenny Roberts yellow.

That was over thirty-odd years ago, I feel old :-(

Mate you feel old. I was throwing those big buses about in the late 70s, around race tracks in the North of England.

Thanks for sorting the pics out dom

Growing old gracefully

terry950sm

Quote from: Steve R1 on December 19, 2013, 06:01:18 AM
Bit of nostalgia how bikes and styles have changed.

One of them pics wasn't at the old burtonwood air base near Warrington?

The one with airplane hanger, is an old airfield track, Silloth in Cumbria. It Closed in 1982 after Gerry Hislop was killed racing a 350cc Yamaha at the track.
Growing old gracefully

terry950sm

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

A few more. Anyone recognise the rider. He is on a Kawasaki
Growing old gracefully

Dom1

That last one isn't going to end well.

*I can edit to keep up with you changing the order too you know* ;)
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

terry950sm

Last one

[/URL]
Growing old gracefully

terry950sm

Growing old gracefully

Phil_8

Judging by how old they are, a Kawasaki number 9.....Chris walker surely?

Graeme Crosby. The sit up n beg Moriwaki Kawasaki,racing against the full faired sports bikes, is one of the reasons i got a Kawasaki. :cool:  :moto:

terry950sm

Quote from: GRUMPY on December 23, 2013, 10:23:38 AM
Graeme Crosby. The sit up n beg Moriwaki Kawasaki,racing against the full faired sports bikes, is one of the reasons i got a Kawasaki. :cool:  :moto:

:icon_cheers:

When you can ride with and beat this type of company. I reckon he deserved the works ride suzuki gave him

My mistake number 20 is not Crosby.:redface:

Can you name the famous rider from down under that is riding number 20

[/URL]

More next week  :azn:
Growing old gracefully