forum migration and donations

Started by komp, February 04, 2021, 08:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

komp

hello all

just to make you aware, I am hoping to get the migration of the forum to its new hosting server done in the next couple of weeks. I have already purchased the new hosting package.
You should not notice anything your side, although I do plan to make mcnninjas.co.uk the primary domain again.

obviously the new hosting does incur a small cost, as does the domain renewals.
for the last few years I have just been paying the domain renewals myself, but probably time to share costs

over the year I calculate the total cost of running the site will be around £80 total. so not much

figured most transparent way to do this was to setup a little gofundme campaign. hopefully it will do the trick! not used it before
see below link
https://www.gofundme.com/f/mcnninjascouk-forum?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1
so if interested in donating please do so

I will update you regarding the move itself when it gets underway
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Alzo

Done...put £20 in coffers...if you need any more just holler

komp

thanks to everyone who dropped some £ in the pot, think probably got enough for the next 12 months already!

the forum migration is now complete btw
so the forum is now running in its new home

I hadn't intended for it to be done today, but the new company got a bit over eager and updated all of the DNS!
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

komp

some people my struggle to get in until DNS fully updates across the interwebs
i will drop a quick message on facebook
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

DaveH

Green_Ninja

Jarse

Cheers Komp.

Pot topped up 😎👍🏻🏍