forum migration and donations

Started by komp, February 04, 2021, 08:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

komp

hello all

just to make you aware, I am hoping to get the migration of the forum to its new hosting server done in the next couple of weeks. I have already purchased the new hosting package.
You should not notice anything your side, although I do plan to make mcnninjas.co.uk the primary domain again.

obviously the new hosting does incur a small cost, as does the domain renewals.
for the last few years I have just been paying the domain renewals myself, but probably time to share costs

over the year I calculate the total cost of running the site will be around £80 total. so not much

figured most transparent way to do this was to setup a little gofundme campaign. hopefully it will do the trick! not used it before
see below link
https://www.gofundme.com/f/mcnninjascouk-forum?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1
so if interested in donating please do so

I will update you regarding the move itself when it gets underway
Triumph Speed Triple RS
KTM 990 SMT

Dom1

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Alzo

Done...put £20 in coffers...if you need any more just holler

GRUMPY

komp

thanks to everyone who dropped some £ in the pot, think probably got enough for the next 12 months already!

the forum migration is now complete btw
so the forum is now running in its new home

I hadn't intended for it to be done today, but the new company got a bit over eager and updated all of the DNS!
Triumph Speed Triple RS
KTM 990 SMT

GRUMPY

komp

some people my struggle to get in until DNS fully updates across the interwebs
i will drop a quick message on facebook
Triumph Speed Triple RS
KTM 990 SMT

DaveH

Green_Ninja

Jarse

Cheers Komp.