Project Peej - Yamaha R46

Started by PJ, August 16, 2014, 08:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJ

PJ

Well, she's finished....(for now) :

Still looks tatty up close in regards to the fairings but I couldn't care less. it rides lovely and I've covered about 100 happy miles so far!

:)

Jonesy

Looks good Paul- seems you got a good deal!

Do you have to MOT / SVA kinda test it to put a cat c back on the road?

PJ

Quote from: Jonesy on September 09, 2014, 02:28:08 PM
Looks good Paul- seems you got a good deal!

Do you have to MOT / SVA kinda test it to put a cat c back on the road?

According to the DVLA I can just ride it, BUT, I will probably MOT it the end of the month just for my own peace of mind. I'm no mechanical genius as we all know, and although I'm confident in my work it would be nice just to have the extra seal of approval.

0luke0

Some insurance companies won't insure it unless it's had a MOT either

PJ

Well the little R6 finally got an outing on the track yesterday with Andy (gayboy). Was a cracking day even though it was wet in the morning!

Best session I got on video was the last session I did before conceding to the cold I've been fighting off for the last week :

https://www.youtube.com/v/fAadMmD44qg

Best part was I only got passed by 3 people all day and 2 of them were No Limits instructors! :)

Peej.

Gilby104

Awesome work Peej, nice to see a proect like this come off! How was the bike on track, any niggles (real or psychological) from having re-built a damaged bike?

PJ

Quote from: Gilby104 on October 20, 2014, 11:29:39 AM
How was the bike on track, any niggles (real or psychological) from having re-built a damaged bike?

Sublime mate, I reset the suspension back to defaults as it was a little harsh and had wondered if it would be a little wayward but I genuinely cannot fault it. The tyre wear was spot on too :

In terms of rebuilding the bike, the first few rides on the road caused me a bit of "oh shit, have I tightened and checked everything properly" so by the time I got to the track I just rode the damn thing lol

Dom1

PJ in actually riding bike shocker!

Nice work.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Gilby104

Awesome news Peej, bet you're proper chuffed.