Rite Bike, Bradford-Avoid

Started by little J, September 12, 2022, 08:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

little J

so,on Saturday i went to collect my 21 plate Ninja1000sx from rite bike in Bradford.
i went in last Saturday, did a deal with them to PX my GSXR1000L6, for £5800,it's got 25k on it, FSH and loads of extras, the salesman was very happy with it & the value was inline with two others from kwak dealers i'd been to.

i arrived at 10.50 to collect the bike, I'd arranged to be there for 11am, i had swopped my insurance over to start at 11am and paid the £75 difference on my policy.

when i arrived the bike wasn't ready, they brought out it from somewhere in the warehouse, it was covered in dust and crap, had clearly been left out in the rain and was filthy.
while i was waiting to pay the final payment, they then cleaned it up.

it took a while to sort payment as only one person was doing it & there were a lot people buying bikes.
I eventually sat down to sort it and this is where it went wrong

1-the salesman hadn't put my suzuki down on the sheet to PX,so they wanted full payment
2-they had no copy of the sales invoice and i had forgotten mine
3-went to pay & explained i had a £5800 PX to come off, so the woman had to go check with the sales team
4-this caused problems as no one was aware
5-they went out to look at my bike and this is where more problems started
6-they knit picked and found some ridiculous marks on the frame saying it had been painted and the swing arm was nicked
7-they weren't happy about the mileage even though the previous sales guy knew it & was ok, it's still an average mileage bike at 25K
8-they went off, made some calls & looked online at other bikes and then came back saying it wasn't worth the £5800 PX and most they would offer was £4400
9- I argued that a verbal contract was made last week to PX my bike at that price and that it should have been on the sales invoice but piss poor admin from their salesman meant it wasn't on.
10-they said even if it had been on the sales invoice they would still have looked at the bike and would have reduced the PX value, they are not obliged to take any bike in PX or agree with the value on a second viewing

so, in the end i told them to shove it, refund my 2K deposit and i am going, the sales manager had the nerve to say we can save the bike for a couple of weeks for you while you sell yours private, i said if you think i giving you my hard earned cash, you can get fu**ed

so, if you ever want to use Rite Bike based in bradford i would be very very careful of what you PX or what deal they offer you.
i have since found out they are part of 'we buy any bike' so hence why they shafted me with the reduced PX price.
i'd avoid these robbing fkrs at all costs!!
2021 Ninja 1000SX

MOzZereLLa

Horrible experience J. Some dealers are pure scum.

I don't think I'd ever trust any business establishment with the word "rite" in the title 😂
Significantly faster than you.....

They sound like right fkn chancers.
Hope you can source another NinjaSX and get a deal that works.  :thumbsup:

Lord Danoir the first

There are some extremely iffy car dealers in that area too. No idea if there's a connection, but generally is I see Bradford or Keighley in the ad' I look elsewhere.

Glad you walked away.... Fuck em

MOzZereLLa

Colwyn Bay have a used 1000SX in stock
Significantly faster than you.....

Jarse

Shocking. Good on you for telling them where to stick it.

little J

Quote from: MOzZereLLa on September 13, 2022, 01:17:02 PMColwyn Bay have a used 1000SX in stock

cheers Moz,managed to source another from the superbike factory & they have given me £6300 for the gixer against it!  :grin:
2021 Ninja 1000SX

little J

Quote from: 7550 on September 13, 2022, 06:27:36 AMThey sound like right fkn chancers.
Hope you can source another NinjaSX and get a deal that works.  :thumbsup:

new one sourced and bought deposit paid on Monday mate.. watch this space ;)
2021 Ninja 1000SX