Cheap Commuters or basis for a Cafe Racer project

Started by Dom1, May 06, 2016, 10:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom1

Had a message from a friend who is selling a couple of bikes.

Thought they may be of interest to anyone looking for something to commute on or the basis for a Cafe Racer project.

Bikes are a BMW K100 RS D-reg 60k miles described as working and a Yamaha XJ600 D-reg of unknown genuine mileage described as good fun.

Any offers considered, they have to go.

Bikes are in Poole.

Looking at Google images gives you some idea what you could make with them.

Not my bikes, I take no responsibility for any rash purchase or subsequent failure to complete your Cafe Racer project.  :moto:
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Phil_8

Can you try and get pics of the actual bikes? Ive got a friend who is interested =)

Dom1

Pics of the actual bikes.

Looking for £1000 for the BMW and £600 for the XJ.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Dom1

Alzo

Quote from: Dom1 on May 06, 2016, 10:11:58 AM
Had a message from a friend who is selling a couple of bikes.

Thought they may be of interest to anyone looking for something to commute on or the basis for a Cafe Racer project.

Bikes are a BMW K100 RS D-reg 60k miles described as working and a Yamaha XJ600 D-reg of unknown genuine mileage described as good fun.

Any offers considered, they have to go.

Bikes are in Poole.

Looking at Google images gives you some idea what you could make with them.

Not my bikes, I take no responsibility for any rash purchase or subsequent failure to complete your Cafe Racer project.  :moto:
XJ version looks sweet.

Dom1

I am having to work hard not to make a stupid offer on the XJ.

Strip off the fairing, stick a Bandit front and rear on it and some funky tail unit....

Chojin

I'll be the devil that sits on your shoulder.

DO IT!!

(And then I'll work on getting a weekend pass to go touring up in the lake district) ;)