Previous topic - Next topic

komp

Quote from: Alzo on January 31, 2019, 05:47:54 PM
Quote from: komp on January 31, 2019, 04:30:25 PM
personally prefer the characteristics of a v-twin
the torque
the engine braking
the noise
and i suspect so do a lot of other people... and that is why they are still making them

this would be a no brainer for me, superduke all day long
I'm only winding up Moz...all bikes are ace regardless of piston counts...and each to their own. 😊

i suspected that was the case, but thought i would bite anyway :)
KTM 1290 Superduke GT
BMW R nine T

Alzo

Quote from: komp on January 31, 2019, 06:00:48 PM
Quote from: Alzo on January 31, 2019, 05:47:54 PM
Quote from: komp on January 31, 2019, 04:30:25 PM
personally prefer the characteristics of a v-twin
the torque
the engine braking
the noise
and i suspect so do a lot of other people... and that is why they are still making them

this would be a no brainer for me, superduke all day long
I'm only winding up Moz...all bikes are ace regardless of piston counts...and each to their own. 😊

i suspected that was the case, but thought i would bite anyway :)
:rofl: :moto: :moto:

MOzZereLLa

It's not winding me up.

Personally, I'd be more than happy with either GT or XR as a sports tourer.

Naked nutter toy is a different proposition. Having owned both the Alzo mobile and now a SDR I know which one is vastly superior in every way.
Significantly faster than you.....

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on January 31, 2019, 07:45:23 PM
It's not winding me up.

Personally, I'd be more than happy with either GT or XR as a sports toured.

Naked nutter toy is a different proposition. Having owned both the Alzo mobile and now a SDR I know which one is vastly superior in every way.
You really do talk out your ass...you haven't lived with either long enough to have an opinion...and my 2018 model is an improvement over the older you had.
Come back with a review when you've ridden and lived with the bikes you buy...mileage counts...not sat in your garage for 12 months...I did 12k miles on GS...I did 9k on XR...I did 9k on older S1000R...qualifies me to pass a reasoned opinion.
When I go looking for opinions on bikes I seek out longterm owner videos...not some journo who has bike for 10 minutes...you sit in the latter.
What's worse though is you actually believe yourself...nobody else does.
There are very little posts on this forum...so when someone does ask something I know about I take the time to give an honest answer.

MOzZereLLa

Alzo

Okay...I'll give you that one...I bit...hook...line and sinker.

David W

If you've got any feel for a bike you can tell very quickly the differences between them.

Alzo

Quote from: David W on February 01, 2019, 07:12:49 AM
If you've got any feel for a bike you can tell very quickly the differences between them.
To a point yes...but is it not reasonable to say that someone who has ridden a bike and lived with a bike will have a more rounded overview...have you never ridden a bike or drove a car and something that you initially didn't like actually turns out to be less significant...and on the flip side something you hadn't realised on a test ride becomes very significant.
The best example for me was a 2003 Yamaha R1...test ride I was blown away with looks and engine...to the point I never picked up on the worst feeling front end I have ever had...time brought that to the fore.

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Alzo on February 01, 2019, 06:52:13 AM

I suppose we all have a "fed up of banter" limit.....

I forget considering my job that other's banter thresholds are probably a lot lower than mine.

I did say I would be well happy with either bike. I think they're both awesome.

MOzZereLLa

BTW - I had my S1R for a year. Liked it but just soulless. Great bike but dare I say it - boring.

SDR only took a 3 hour test ride to know it was the one for me and better (for me) than the Beemer.

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on February 01, 2019, 09:41:11 AM
Quote from: Alzo on February 01, 2019, 06:52:13 AM

I suppose we all have a "fed up of banter" limit.....

I forget considering my job that other's banter thresholds are probably a lot lower than mine.

I did say I would be well happy with either bike. I think they're both awesome.
I thinks it's more an age thing...as in I can be a grumpy old bastard...🙄...😊

Alzo

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on February 01, 2019, 09:43:29 AM
BTW - I had my S1R for a year. Liked it but just soulless. Great bike but dare I say it - boring.

SDR only took a 3 hour test ride to know it was the one for me and better (for me) than the Beemer.
I love the S1000R...hence back at it...it does everything so well...I rode a Monster R recently and I wouldn't take 10 of them in replacement of my S1000R...the Boxer twin on the GS had more character than the Monster...all the machines are so close in each segment in performance terms it comes down personal choice...so saying one is way better than the other is just personal choice...the bike you just bought is a cracking looking bit of kit...but like mine it will not be flawless and it most definitely isn't superior...fact.

Alzo

And my final say on this...we are on a motorcycle forum and that alone should be enough for us to respect and encourage others choices...I don't need to defend or justify the S1000R...my choice...as the Superduke is yours...the end.

Lord Danoir the first

Alzo