Good use of a Tuesday evening

Started by Dom1, July 22, 2015, 01:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom1

All a bit last minute I decided to grab the mighty DR and head out to explore some new lanes with Sir Chojin of Rownhamshire yesterday evening.

In all honesty more time was spent navigating than I would have liked but we did find some fun new places to ride.

Highlight of the evening was finding that one of the lanes contained a table top style jump where another track crosses it. Any video evidence currently circulating on Facebook of me completely mincing out of attempting it should ignored or followed by the question "Where was your attempt Dan?".

To be fair coming along a dark overgrown lane it just looked like a 3 foot high wall.

Left Chojin at the A30 and headed back via Salisbury before deciding it was too early to go home and going for a couple more lanes on my own.

Lessons learned - It gets dark quicker than you think, DR lights are shit, it gets cold when it gets dark, MX pyjamas offer no sort of warmth.

Anyway it was top fun and to celebrate I dropped the DR in the garage and borked my shoulder trying to catch it. Arse.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Jarse

Looks fun.

Would not mind doing more of this type of biking.

Green_Ninja

Chojin

I know you mentioned there was a lot of road riding, but actually we passed through some really nice little villages - comfort factor of riding an enduro on the road aside, I quite enjoyed some of the road bits!

It's funny how when you get to a lane, the rock hard seat, buzzy handlebars and solid suspension seems to melt away.

Love it.

What a way to spend a Tuesday evening  :cool:

Carbon_ZX6R

how I long to do some casual off-roading.....
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Lord Danoir the first

Carbon_ZX6R

2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs