My project......

Started by Maddog, July 13, 2013, 07:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddog

...its called..."Its about time i man the fcuk up and learn how to get my knee down" project..............Anyone at Silverstone on 30 July?

Snozzeltoff

I may be able to make it for photos of 'manning the fcuk up'.
Only 20mins from Silverstone so just depends if I'm busy with work or not.

Maddog

Where abouts are you mate? Im in the ghetto of Aylesbury

Dom1

Pete Wileman has a photo of me at the Melbourne Loop with another bike behind me. I have my knee down he doesn't but the lean angle is almost identical.

http://www.peterwilemanphotography.com/main/index/detail/2711912

Looking at it my upper body and head nees to be lower but you can see what I have said previously about bringing your outside elbow onto the tank moving your body position compared to the fella behind me.
"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." - Robin Williams RIP

Snozzeltoff

Quote from: Maddog on July 13, 2013, 09:58:59 PM
Where abouts are you mate? Im in the ghetto of Aylesbury

Currently In hook Norton, between a chipping Norton and Banbury.

Maddog

Not a million miles away! If you can get to Silverstone for some pics that would be awsome.

Snozzeltoff

Quote from: Maddog on July 14, 2013, 11:48:54 PM
Not a million miles away! If you can get to Silverstone for some pics that would be awsome.

Will see what I can do. At least with silverstone I can travel around to any point on track on my bike. I marshal there and know my way around.

Maddog

so you know where to pick me out of the gravel traps then lol  :rofl:

zxrob

Quote from: Dom1 on July 13, 2013, 10:10:04 PM
Pete Wileman has a photo of me at the Melbourne Loop with another bike behind me. I have my knee down he doesn't but the lean angle is almost identical.

http://www.peterwilemanphotography.com/main/index/detail/2711912

Looking at it my upper body and head nees to be lower but you can see what I have said previously about bringing your outside elbow onto the tank moving your body position compared to the fella behind me.

Thats as clear an indication you will see that it's mostly about body position, the guy behind you is all "screwed up" and even looks "uncomfortable"

Rob

Normski

Its a lot cheaper to get yourself zinging around a large clear roundabout 30 times on the trot. Thats how most people learn, no??!!

(I did - 1996, zxr400, round and round and round and round, then scraaaaaaaaape - job done).

m6rk

braintree is kneedown mecca..

ash

All the KD roundabouts I learned on up this way now have traffic lights on them, CCTV over looking them or both :(