B1H or P8F ZX6R?

Started by MOzZereLLa, June 07, 2019, 07:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOzZereLLa

Couple of bikes for sale close to me at the moment.

One is an 09 p8f 600 with a paint gouge in the tank but he's offered it to me at a very nice price.

The other is a totally standard black B1H - similar money.

Both have about 20k mileage.

Obviously my heart says B1 as they are the finest ZX6R ever made but the p8f is very pretty and I hear a total track weapon.

Fancy something completely different to my KTM for Oulton Park fun and moving forward.

Anyone ridden both? Will the lack of tonque in the 09 piss me off?
Significantly faster than you.....

Neio79

had a P7F , it was fucking amazing. cornered like it was on rails. buy it.

mc101

Ridden both moderately briskly ... B1 all day long
2015: NLR HT1 Endurance (1st)
2014: ACU National Endurance 1000 (2nd)

MOzZereLLa

Really MC?

Why? Remember the 636 is bog standard (they both are) so no slipper clutch.

Carbon_ZX6R

B1h all day!
And I have a very tricked out one going spare....
2004 ZX-6R B1H    
- Full Akra Titanium System                
- Gilles rear sets                     
- R&G Crash Bungs
- Hyperpro Rsc Damper
- Many other mods

Tuck

Currently B1's seem undervalued given how daft prices have gone on other older bikes now considered to be modern classics. I was looking a mint/stock fully original, low mileage example not so long ago at sub £3k and found myself thinking it would be nice to have sat in the garage for occasional road use, even easier to justify when it may even appreciate a little over time.

If more than occasional track use was intended, as nostalgic as I am about the B1 my choice would be the P8, I didn't realise how much my hamfisted riding used the slipper on track until I borrowed a B1 for a session after a few years of being spoiled on litre bikes all fitted with slippers. Always thought the P7/8 would be a really fun track bike, not ridden one but I would expect it to be fairly close to the Triumph and Yamaha which both came a good few years after the B1 and are better bikes.

I would expect ridden back to back today the P8 to be a better bike, it was just an evolution in a world that now had the Triumph 675 and was well used to the R6 2co/13s meaning it didn't have the impact of the B1 which in 2003 which felt like a giant killer, faster and more exciting than it had any right to be given that it could match the V-Twin litre bikes of the day as well as many of the older gen litre fours.

MOzZereLLa

I will try and test ride but considering I ride a 1301cc twin will i find the P8 completely gutless in a two-stroke kind of way in the mid -range?

MOzZereLLa

Quote from: Carbon_ZX6R on June 08, 2019, 02:03:03 AM
B1h all day!
And I have a very tricked out one going spare....

It's still for sale?

Got any decent pics yet?

How many miles has it done? Where are you (southerner I guess)?  :rofl:

Neio79

Given my zeds issues you have me looking now . Found a 2004 13k bike for £2600 near me 🤔

MOzZereLLa

That's pretty good. What colour? Completely standard?

What classifieds do you prefer?

Neio79

Hands off I saw it first 😂
It's not completely standard. Exhaust and a paint job I'd say . Other than that looks standard.
FB marketplace is a god place to look. However only lets you go 200k radius.

MOzZereLLa

Paint job = written off accident.

You're welcome to it.

One I've found is much cheaper and bog standard. Worth more.  :rofl:

Neio79

That was my thought as well.

You have me hunting for one now! Fuck you! :rofl:

Green_Ninja

Quote from: The Wizard of MOz on June 08, 2019, 07:10:17 AM
I will try and test ride but considering I ride a 1301cc twin will i find the P8 completely gutless in a two-stroke kind of way in the mid -range?

and the B1 won't?? both will need thrashing compared to the KTm however if you are buying it as a track toy get the P8, it will be better later suspension.brakes etc. If you actually want a (possibly) appreciating classic get the B1.

MOzZereLLa

And this is the point. It'll be used at Oulton next month but I also don't want to lose much on them. The P8 is only £50 more than the B1. Same mileage.